Thursday, September 4, 2008

Crawling, glasses, doctor visits, etc!!

I couldn't resist putting this picture underneath the title even though it's out of order! Faith's little wrinkled nose gives me "mommy goose bumps"! You other moms out there know what I'm talking about!:) Anyway, there's more of these later...
Here's several videos for you: This one is of me catching her for the first time standing up in her crib.

This is of Faith crawling a couple of weeks ago.

And this is of a little "toot" escaping while I was attempting to get a shot of her learning to use her sippy cup! Turn up your volume!

OK, for starters, I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post. It seems as if we've been to the doctor's office a jillion times in the past couple of days. I don't think I've posted anything about Faith's hands and feet sweating perfusely off and on throughout the day, so here's the scoop on that. Faith's always been a "sweater" even as an infant, but a couple of weeks ago, she began to POUR sweat from her hands and feet. I mean, I could have flicked her hands at you and sweat would have hit you in the face! As she walked across our tile floors, she left wet footprints. Well, obviously, that's not normal, so I called the pediatrics department at St. Mich's (where I work), to ask any of the girls up there if they had seen this before. They told me "no" and that I should call the ER. The ER told me to call Arkansas Children's because it's after 5pm and we all know that if something's going to alarm you concerning your child, it's always going to be when your pediatrician has already gone home for the day! Finally, the nurse at Children's talked to one of the doc's in the ER, and he said that if she's not in any respiratory distress and she's acting fairly normal, then to watch her thru the night and get an appointment 1st thing in the morning with the pediatrician. So, the next morning at 10am we were setting in the pediatrician's office. She said that she wanted to rule out any kind of heart defect, so for the next 3 hours my little one had lab drawn, chest xrays, and an ekg to check her heart rhythm. Everything came back normal, except they thought they might have seen a couple of small abnormalites with the ekg (which was read later by a pediatric cardiologist from Little Rock, who said it was completely normal!). SOOOOOO, they said maybe it was a viral thing. Well, a week later, she was still sweating. Ok, by now, Jeff and I need a more concrete answer....really. I forgot to mention that she's also running a low grade temp pretty regularly during all of this. Well, our pediatrician was out, so the new doc said that sometimes babies sympathetic nervous systems aren't fully matured yet, which might explain the excessive sweating. But he wanted to make sure that she didn't have a UTI again, so we got a urine sample on her (which was normal as well!!! Thank goodness!) He explained that he had seen a few babies who had this problem, and that it had never amounted to anything. We did find out that Faith's ears are infected again for the fourth time in 6 months, which explained the fever. She never pulls on her ears or acts different with ear infections, so we never know when she has them. He said the sweating could also be her body's way of reacting to fever. I know it's a terribly long story, but I'm almost through. We went on Tuesday to an ENT doctor for a consult about having tubes placed in Faith's ears; he said that tubes were inevitable for her, it was just up to us when we wanted to have it done. So, we're praying about when would be a good time. Thanks for listening to me ramble. It was nice to write it all out; I don't think I've realized how tense I've been about it all. You just want your child to be well and whole all the time, you know? On to lighter things. The weather was great the other day right before the rains set in, so Faith and I decided to enjoy the break from the heat.

Faith loves her Daddy's head as I've mentioned in the past; she just likes pulling my hair!

This is us still outside enjoying the weather. Faith was exploring the back porch. Our preacher last Sunday gave us these purple bracelets that Faith is holding here. It's a challenge to try our hardest not to complain for 21 days. If we catch ourselves complaining, we have to switch wrists and the 21 days start all over again. I've about decided that I just need to place a big piece of duck tape over my mouth in order to last 21 days. It's been an eye opening experience for me. I've been pretty ashamed of myself. The Lord is really teaching me quite a bit. If you feel up to it, just be aware of the things that come out of your mouth for one day! I can tell you that I'm about ready to throw mine in the trash can! And right now...I'm switching wrists. Faith's decided that she's up for the 21 day challenge as well; the bracelet is a bit small for her so she's just gonna carry it around.

Jeff bought Faith some sunglasses for our vacation to Big Cedar next week. She would much rather eat the glasses than wear them, but she makes the cutest faces when the glasses are actually on her .
See, I told ya!
This all started with her digging around in Mrs. Raylene's purse on Labor Day at our house. She found some reading glasses in there, and then I just couldn't resist the chance to snap some pics!
She's just so cool!
It was so fun that Granny and I decided to join in!
And then Jeff put these newly purchased glasses of his on me. We were just having a big party with all the glasses.


My little book worm.
She's gonna be a great student one day; I mean, I can just see the all A's report cards already lined up in her future.
These are some pictures the night that Gustav, or what was left of it, settled over Texarkana. I wish these had turned out better. But you can see the clouds coming in right at sunset. It was a really pretty night.



I caught Faith here this morning abusing the oven with part of her bottle. It's a whole new world now that she's mobile.

See the "UH OH" face. I had to stress that we don't beat on any of Mom and Dad's appliances.
A little blurry, but this is her new face now. She does this huge cheesey grin and I love it! It's great!
She wants in my lap really bad, so she's pouring on the charm.

Faith loves to look at herself in the mirror. I think she thinks there's another little girl looking back at her, and she just talks and talks to that other little baby! Here's my girl in action:

No comments: